Monday, June 16, 2008

Bleedin Taggers

About 6 weeks ago the council had the naughty boys go around several of our city fringe suburbs and paint over all the tags, it was part of some humiliation process written about in a local paper but I can't find a link to it. However they used a lovely mauve/grey paint which one assumes was donated as no one in their right mind would ever paint anything that colour, or else it was chosen by a colour blind male who thought it was concrete coloured.

I used to have a small piece of tagging on the street level retaining wall outside my house, but this got covered with a large oblong of mauve. I have no idea when it was done, it just appeared one day along with the other hundreds in the neighbourhood. I couldn't make up my mind which was more unsightly, the wee tag that used to be there or the patch of paint.

Of course as you can imagine this isn't going to deter your average tagger as as expected it has been tagged again. I now have 3 times more tagging on the wall than was ever there before, but bless their little cotton socks, they've kept it all within the lines!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will just have to work on your tag and next time the tags get covered up hit the streets and slap up your new tag. This will mean that you claim the neighborhood and those damn taggers best watch themselves when walking your streets.

unPC lesbian said...

Oooh, now there's a thought....but who makes rainbow coloured spray. I could do feminazi symbols everywhere.....just found a vivid marker, think I'll go outside and practice now!!

Anonymous said...

Jeez imagine just walking the streets cool as with you spray can and meeting un PC .. gulp ...
pq here again

 
Empty Nest. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino